October 18, 2018
Once proclaimed “The Standard of the World” (okay, it was self-proclaimed) it wasn’t unusual for those who had “made it” financially to wander into a Cadillac dealership at car-buying time. When this 1970 Cadillac DeVille was new, the company, a division of General Motors, was headquartered in Detroit. (The brand was named after Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac, a French explorer who founded the Motor City, which was originally named Fort Pontchartrain du Détroit, in 1701.) In the search for hipness, Cadillac moved its world headquarters to the tony SoHo neighborhood of New York City back in 2015. In recent weeks they announced that they’re packing up and moving back to the Detroit area to "further support one of the most aggressive ongoing product expansions in the brand’s history," according to a company spokesperson. This black convertible was seen over the summer in the (almost) equally-tony neighborhood of Kenmore.
Jim Corbran, RRofWNY
Got a RealRide you'd like to see featured here? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
The post “RealRides of WNY” appeared first on Buffalo Cars